Grieshaber, Erich and Jean Grieshaber. „Introduction,” Exposé of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Blue Letter Bible. 1 Sep 2002. 3 Jul 2009.
This work is designed to help the sincere Jehovah’s Witness recognize the truth about the Watchtower Society:
- Its claims to be God’s prophet today
- Their prophecies have not been fulfilled
- Their cover-ups to hide the false prophecies
- The responsibility of the sincere Jehovah’s Witness before God
The Watchtower claims:
- The anointed remnant are the modern-day prophets, like Ezekiel, getting their information from the angels.
In the Old Testament, prophets instructed, warned, exhorted, promised and rebuked. Because of the stand of the Watchtower Society we must test their prophecy the same way the Old Testament prophets were tested.
In checking what the Watchtower Society prophesied, we find they meet the standards of a false prophet. False prophets are condemned in the Scriptures and we are told to flee from them.
- 1Ki 13 — condemned to die
- Eze 14:10 — punishment of prophet and seekers the same
- Rev 19:20, 20:10 — cast into the Lake of Fire
- Jer 23:16, 26, 34 — Punish the man and his house
- Zep 3:1-4 — Prophets light and treacherous
- Zec 13:1-7 — Shall say I am no prophet
All photostats have been taken from the Watchtower publications unless noted. King James and New American Standard are the Bibles used.
Watchtower Publications Used
- New World Translation
- Aid to Bible Understanding
- Make Sure of All Things
- Kingdom Interlinear, etc.
A Word to Jehovah’s Witnesses:
In The Truth That Leads to Eternal Life, The Watchtower Society teaches that it is appropriate for any Jehovah’s Witness to examine their religious beliefs and the beliefs of others. This has a very practical basis: the truth will always ultimately reveal itself and prevail. Thus, no one has reason to fear any new information about what one believes; if it is the true way, the truth will only confirm it—if it is not the true way, the truth will only confirm that it is a lie.
We ask any sincere Jehovah’s Witness to examine the enclosed information taken from the pages of Watchtower Society literature. Some of the Society’s admitted activities and beliefs may come as something of a surprise to you. Nevertheless, they are worth examining and searching out. Consider the following:
- The Society claims to be God’s anointed prophet for today.
- The Society leadership states that its prophetic information comes directly from the angels.
- Yet, they have made many prophecies that were not fulfilled on their designated date.
- Instead of giving a new revelation or prophecy to explain God’s actions (as we see in the Book of Jonah), they took careful and deliberate action to cover up their false prophecies.
- This did not take place once but many times over the years.
- This terrible practice was considered so dangerous by Jehovah and Jesus that they spoke some of their most terrible judgments against them (see Deuteronomy 18:20-22; Matthew 7:15-20; Revelation 19:20; 20:10).
These are not merely wild and sensational claims, but issues that have been raised by many inquiring and concerned Jehovah’s Witnesses. As the Scriptures teach:
„Keep testing whether you are in the faith, keep proving what you yourselves are” (II Cor. 13:5 NWT), and „Do not believe every inspired expression,” (in this case, Society literature) „but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world.” (I John 4:1 NWT)
A Word to Non-Jehovah’s Witnesses:
The Christian has a unique responsibility when dealing with those that claim to be Christians but instead follow the ways of darkness:
„…Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them…” (Ephesians 5:11)
The purpose of this book is to help you, the reader, to understand the complex and devious character of one of the perpetrators of the fruits of darkness, the Jehovah’s Witness religion. Once you are able to grasp the key weaknesses and errors in which they have become ensnared, you will be equipped to begin the task of helping that Jehovah’s Witness neighbor, relative, friend or visitor to be released from their dark imprisonment.
Exposé is a French word which usually means „exposure of something discreditable” and it is in that sense that we use it here. On the next few pages you will be introduced to a
- 1. List of errors in the Jehovah’s Witness belief system
- 2. An Exposé confirming their belief (with documentation) and,
- 3. Often, a brief explanation of the nature and/or danger of this belief
The Exposé should be read through, preferably, in one or two sittings. After becoming familiar with the contents, you will be able to introduce to the Jehovah’s Witness the errors and inconsistencies of his religion. If a Jehovah’s Witness questions the validity of the Exposé, you are invited to turn with them to the documentation pages for the appropriate quotation. In the documentation section many actual facsimiles of pages from Jehovah’s Witness literature have been provided.
A word needs to be said at this point about technique. Our purpose in using a tool like the Expose is to win people to Jesus Christ by pulling them out of darkness—our purpose is not merely to win an argument. Our firm presentation of the truth must always be seasoned with compassion.
It is our sincere hope that you will apply these passages and examine the Society claims discussed in your Exposé. We ask that you simply read the study outline and examine the documentation. The writers and editors of this work would be very interested in corresponding with you concerning any corrections or additions you might be able to contribute.
May God’s Spirit be with you as you study.